The preparation of the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure Foundation Investigation Manual (FIM) was initiated in 2013 and was developed in accordance with local geological conditions and guidance from the Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual (CFEM) 4th Edition. The CFEM along with the FIM was intended to become the basis for performance of the Ministry’s geotechnical works including but not limited to, site investigation, interpretation, design, monitoring, data requirements, reporting, risk mitigation and geohazard risk management.
- November 30, 2023: Dr. Nicholas Beier, 2022 CGS Colloquium Lecture – Towards Improved Management and Closure of Mine Waste Structures November 23, 2023
- November 8, 2023: Dr. Derek Martin, Muller Award Lecture – Stress Path, Stiffness and Mobilized Strength of Rock Masses Encountered Near Surface Structures October 26, 2023
- October 18, 2023: Fall 2023 CCLT with Dr. Hesham El Naggar – Geo-Structural Nonlinear Analysis for Performance Based Design of Piles and Extended Shafts October 16, 2023
- J. Don Scott – Celebration of Life, October 13, 2023 October 6, 2023
- CFEM 5th Edition (2023) has been released! October 4, 2023