The preparation of the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure Foundation Investigation Manual (FIM) was initiated in 2013 and was developed in accordance with local geological conditions and guidance from the Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual (CFEM) 4th Edition. The CFEM along with the FIM was intended to become the basis for performance of the Ministry’s geotechnical works including but not limited to, site investigation, interpretation, design, monitoring, data requirements, reporting, risk mitigation and geohazard risk management.
- CGS: November 24, 2022 – Terrain Analysis for Geotechnical Investigations November 7, 2022
- November 7, 2022: 45th Canadian Geotechnical Colloquium with Dr. Renato Macciotta – Slope Risk Management in Light of Uncertainty, Environmental Variability, and Design Confidence October 28, 2022
- October 19, 2022: Annual Student Fall Mixer October 12, 2022
- June 21, 2022: CGS Spring 2022 CCLT with Dr. Doug Stead – Characterizing rock slope failure mechanisms using combined remote sensing and numerical modelling June 8, 2022
- CGS: Nominations for Early Achievement Award May 2, 2022